Connecting a New Generation of Learners
University of Dammam enhances student and faculty experiences with unified communications, collaboration, and broad Wi-Fi coverage.
For Saudi Arabia’s University of Dammam, the ongoing challenge is growth. The right technology is essential to connecting its 16 campuses across 500 kilometers (435 miles). The university wanted to:
- Deploy a scalable, integrated solution for unified communications and collaboration
- Build the supporting infrastructure to provide wireless and wired connectivity
- Provide access to course materials from anywhere
- Facilitate face-to-face online collaboration among faculty
An end-to-end infrastructure provides reliable services and Wi-Fi for 57,000 users.
- Offers comprehensive, high performance Wi-Fi for students, faculty, and guests
- Helps faculty collaborate with an “in-person” experience
- Scales easily to support growth and reduce total cost of ownership
“The addition of high-density Wi-Fi enabled a complete transformation for the university.”
Dean of Information and Communication Technologies, University of Dammam